04 September 2023 , by Consolevariations Consolevariations Update 3.0.2 - Improved Wishlist, New Header and Console Talk And there is more to come!
This is shaping up to be a big year for Consolevariations. Not only did we roll out a major 3.0 version this summer, we are determined to keep expanding and improving. Four weeks ago we launched an update to Consolevariations and now we're doing it again. Here is the changelog.
This update has a few improvements in store for you. Let's jump to the biggest change first.
Search, sort and filter your wishlist
Did you know you could add any collectible to your wishlist? It's the best way to keep track of your desired items. We have applied several improvements to your wishlist page to make it easier to manage:
• Pagination - you don't have to endlessly scroll in a huge list anymore: your wishlist is now paginated.
• Search capabilities - it is now possible to search collectibles within your wishlist
• Sorting - You can now sort your wishlist by the price notification you have set and the date you have added the collectible
• Bulk deleting - Need to clean your wishlist? We have added a bulk delete tool to make that process a lot faster.
• Fixed loading bug - We have optimized the loading of large wishlists. Add as many collectibles as you want now!
Although you can set a price notification for your most desired collectibles, the actual notification system is not active yet. We are developing this feature and will release it in a future update.
Updated Header Design
We have updated the header design to make it as easy as possible to navigate the website. Here is the changelog:
• Simplified navigation - We have moved the navigation items to the top of the header so you can directly see what Consolevariations has to offer
• Made Search Bar more prominent - We are super proud of our fast and precise search functionalities and we want to show that by giving it a more prominent placement. You can now see the amount of collectibles and blog posts that we have currently on the website. The search bar is now always visible on mobile devices as well, so it's always within your touch. By the way, did you know you can use the shortcut CTRL + K or ⌘ + K on desktop devices to quickly access the search feature?
• Improved Tablet View - If you are using a tablet device, then the header now shows more info at once.
• Language Switcher Flag - We have added flags to the language switcher. Currently we support English and Dutch, but we are working behind the scene to add new langues.
The Social Feed is now... Console Talk!
This summer we have launched a brand new addition to Consolevariations: the Social Feed. We wanted to create a space for the community to come together and discuss and share anything in the collector scene. So far, over fifty posts have been created and a lot of fun exchanges have taken place already. It's safe to say it's been a success!
We are now ripping of the "Beta" label and rename the Social Feed to something more fitting to our community: Console Talk. We have a lot of ideas for new Console Talk features in the future, so definitely keep an eye out on that. Or let us know what you would like to see!
There are some other changes as well. Let's see:
• Improved Dark Mode - We have improved the readability of the dark mode. We are planning to keep making improvements to the dark mode in the future.
• Collapsible filters - you can now collapse filters on the database page
• Improved the design of the collectible detail pages, comparison pages and more
Upcoming update, some big additions still on their way!
That's it for now, but there is more on its way. We are currently testing a new, big addition to the website which should make it a lot easier for you to grow your collection. This feature is currently in a closed testing phase and we can't tell you too much about it right now. But we promise we share more details very soon.
Thank you for reading and let us know what you think of the update. Happy collecting!